Savory Pear Pizza
This quick and easy recipe does not use a traditional sauce, letting the juicy pears bring a sweet balance to the parmesan and prosciutto’s more salty flavors. Using a prepared pizza crust makes this an effortless meal or a beautiful and savory appetizer.
- 1 prepared pizza dough crust (such as Boboli)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 ounces grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 3 ounces chopped prosciutto
- 1 Red Anjou USA Pear, cored and thinly sliced
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
Place pizza crust on baking sheet. Spread olive oil and garlic over the pizza crust. Top with cheese, prosciutto, and pear slices. Bake for 12–15 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Slice and serve.
preparation time: 20 minutes
yield: Serves 6