Almond-Chicken Pear Salad
This salad carries big flavor with diced pieces that bring just the right amount of crunch. Also works well as sandwich filling.
- 2 medium chicken breasts, grilled and cut in ½-inch cubes
- ½ cup green pepper, sliced lengthwise
- ¼ cup diced celery
- ¼ teaspoon seasoning salt
- ½ cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon prepared mustard
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 fresh Comice, Anjou, or Bosc USA Pears, cored and cut in 1-inch cubes
- 1 head butter lettuce
- 2 tablespoons toasted, slivered almonds
Toss together chicken, green pepper, and celery. Sprinkle with seasoning salt. Combine yogurt, mayonnaise, mustard, and ginger; add to chicken mixture. Gently mix in pears. Serve on individual lettuce-lined salad plates. Sprinkle with almonds.